Some of my favorite non-churchy reasons to find and regularly attend church:
1. It’s like a weekly pep talk. People spend boat loads of money to hear inspirational speakers. I love being reminded that I have a plan, a purpose and a hope.
2. Every week there are familiar faces, and a few new ones. Endless opportunities to create and nurture new friendships.
3. It’s a great place to volunteer your time – learn some new skills or spruce up your resume.
4. Rubbing shoulders regularly with people who not only are trying to improve themselves, but also are invested in supporting and encouraging you as well, is wise.
5. It’s a great opportunity to have some alone time with your spouse and for your kids to gain more social skills and interact with peers.
6. It gets you out of bed on a Sunday morning and once out, you are more likely to make valuable use of your day.
7. It’s a reason to wear those really cute shoes you got last week.
8. Everyone there (with perhaps a very few exceptions), loves God, loves people, and knows they are not “all that and a bag of chips.” You can be you.
9. You won’t find any more hypocrites there than you do at work. Decent odds.
10. Where else can you release tension and create happy endorphins (singing songs of worship with a rockin’ band & enthusiastic worship leaders), hear an excellent message of encouragement (our pastor is awesome, BTW!), and give to missions and help change the world (offering – most churches support multiple organizations), ALL in ONE morning??
Give it a try, would ya? You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.